24 Hour Bail Bond Services:


Riverside County Superior Court

The Superior Court of California in Riverside County is a system of fourteen courthouses spread over 7,300 square miles and serving two-million citizens. The court hears civil and criminal matters, as well as overseeing civil matters related to family law and small claims court. If you, or someone you love, is being held at a jail associated with the Riverside County Superior Court, you'll likely want to get them home with friends and family as you wait for their case to be heard in court. For assistance in obtaining the release of a person being detained in Riverside County, call Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds at (844) 400-2245.

Bail Bonds at Riverside Superior Court

Bail is an amount of money that the court holds onto to ensure that you'll show up to court to see your charges through to the end. Being arrested and charged with a crime is just the first step in a long, legal process that you'll have to work through to get your life back to normal. You'll have to show up in court for arraignment, a preliminary hearing, and then a trial, as well as a number of meetings with prosecutors and attorneys along the way.

The court system doesn't want to have to keep everyone in jail throughout this process. But, they do want to make sure that those who have been charged with a crime will show up when they're supposed to for all of these different proceedings. Bail is one way that the court ensures this will happen. By setting an amount for “bail” a person can deposit money with the court that allows them to get out of jail to work and live, while their case is getting through the legal system. And, they get that money back once they've completed everything and their case has come to a conclusion.

How Much is Bail in Riverside Superior Court?

Once you've been charged with a crime, the bail schedule for each crime should be posted at the jail where you are processed. Many times a person is charged with more than one crime. Each charge will incur its own bail amount. In order to get out of jail, you will have to pay the entire amount of the combined bail, for all of the crimes with which you have been charged. The amount varies, depending on the seriousness of the charges.

Some examples of bail in California are:

Misdemeanor Charges                                  PC Violation                              Bail Amount

Violation of Probation                                       PC 1203.2                                  $5,000

Carrying a Concealed Firearm                          PC 12025(b)(7)                           $5,000

Exhibiting a Firearm                                         PC 417(a)(2)                               $10,000

Indecent Exposure                                          PC 314                                       $5,000

Possession of Underage Obscenity                  PC 311.11(a)                               $10,000

Failure to Register as a Sex Offender               PC 290                                       $10,000

Violation of a Protective Order                         PC 273.65                                  $10.000

Interfering with Emergency Personel                PC 148.2                                    $5,000

Assault Against a Peace Officer                        PC 241                                       $10,000

DUI Alcohol or Drugs                                       PC 23152(a)                               $5,000


Felony Charges                                             Violation                                    Bail Amount

Using a Minor to Commit Drug Offense            HS 11380.1(a)(1)                        $20,000

Commission of Drug Offense Involving PCP      HS 11370.4(a)(2)                        $30,000

Commission of Drug Offense Near School        HS11353.6(b)                              $40,000

Drug Offense Involving a Minor 4 Yrs. Ynger    HS11353.6(c)                              $40,000

Inducing a Minor to Commit a Drug Offense    HS 11343.2(a)(1)                          $10.000

Hate Crime                                                               PC 422.75(a)                                $20,000       

Carrying Firearm During Com. of Crime            PC 12021.5(b)                      $20,000 – 30,000

Theft over $100,000                                                  PC 1203.045                                $50,000

Discharging a Firearm in the Comm. of Felony PC 12022.53(c)                           $200,000

Bail Bond Rates at Riverside Superior Court

The state of California requires that all bail bond companies charge 10% of the total amount of bail, in order to post bond for a defendant. That means that if the bail is $20,000, the bail bondsman is required to charge $2,000 to post a bond in place of the bail. While this may still seem like a lot of money, it's far less than having to pay the entire amount. The rates the law requires for Federal and Immigration Bonds can be as high as 15 – 20%. But, all of these rates are set by statute, and all bail bond companies are required to charge the same amount.

California law allows for a discounted rate on bail bonds if the defendant retains a private attorney and pays the premium in full within 72 hours. These discounts are allowed for government union workers, members of the military, and AARP members. Discounts are determined by the surety company that is writing the bonds for the bail bond company.

Small Claims Court at Riverside Superior Court

Riverside Superior Court has a special Small Claims Court division that oversees civil disputes between individuals claiming damages of less than $5,000 (up to $10,000 in some, very limited, cases). Individuals must represent themselves in small claims court, no lawyers are allowed. The rules are simple and the procedures fairly informal. Disputes are generally resolved quickly and inexpensively.

Small Claims Courts are located in the Banning, Blythe, Hemet, Indio, Moreno Valley, and Murrieta Courthouses.

A small claims advisor is available to advise anyone involved in a Small Claims case, as well as to help with appeals and “post judgment” matters.

The Small Claims Advisor can be reached between 8:00 AM and 4:PM at:

Riverside (951) 274-4499

Desert Region (760) 393-2163

Family Law at Riverside Superior Court

The family law division of the Riverside Superior Court handles all matters relating to the dissolution of a marriage or domestic partnership, identifying the legal parents of a child, custody and visitation of children, establishing child support and spousal support, as well as dealing with domestic violence issues.

Family Law Court Locations:


Riverside Family Law Courthouse
4175 Main Street
Riverside, CA  92501

Blythe Courthouse
265 N. Broadway
Blythe, CA  92225
(760) 775-8500 

Hemet Courthouse
880 N. State Street
Hemet, CA  92543
(951) 306-3561 

Indio Larson Justice Center
46-200 Oasis Street
Indio, CA  92201
(706) 393-2617

Self Help Locations for Riverside Superior Court

Self-Help centers are located throughout the county and provide general assistance to people who don't have attorneys. Assistance is available in area of family law, evictions, name changes, guardianship, small claims, conservatorship, restraining orders, and probate. Members of the public can gain access to computers, printers (there is a printing fee of $0.50 cents per page), self-help publications, general information brochures, and form packets of commonly used legal documents. There is no fee for using the self-help centers, though there may be filing fees and printing fees for certain items.

Self-help centers are located at the following locations from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, unless otherwise noted:

Banning Justice Center

135 N. Alessandro Road

Banning, CA  92220


Blythe Court

265 N. Broadway

Blythe, CA  92225 

Hemet Court
880 N. State Street
Hemet, CA  92543

Larson Justice Center
46-200 Oasis Street
Indio, CA  92201 

Riverside Family Law Court
4175 Main Street
Riverside, CA  92501

Southwest Justice Center
30755-D Auld Road
Murrieta, CA  92563 

Riverside Self-Help Center
3535 10th Street - 2nd Floor
Riverside, CA  92501
(Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM)

What if I owe Money to Riverside Superior Court?

Sometimes fines and fees are assessed in traffic and criminal cases and must be paid to the court in order to complete your legal case. If you find yourself owing more than you can comfortably pay off at one time, you can make payment arrangements with Riverside Superior Court through their Enhanced Collections Department. Enhanced Collections Officers will work with you to determine a payment plan and schedule monthly payments that will satisfy your court order. Once you have a payment plan in place, payments can be made by cash, credit card, debit card (Visa or Mastercard), cashier's check, money order, personal check, or by Western Union Quick Collect. Payments can be made in person at any Riverside Court location at the public service window. Some locations provide a drop box.

To pay by mail:

Make your check payable to Riverside Superior Court and mail your payments to:

Payment Processing Center

505 South Buena Vista Rm. 201

Corona, CA  92882

To make payments by phone, call (951)222-0384. Be sure to have your case number ready when you call.

Failure to pay your fines can result in wage garnishment, interception of your tax refund, and even a warrant being issued for your arrest.

Jury Duty at Riverside Superior Court

Jury service in Riverside County is mandatory and jurors' names are obtained from voter registration roles and DMV records. If you've been selected for jury duty, you can check your status by calling (951) 275-5076.

When reporting for jury duty, business attire is suggested. No tank tops, shorts, strapless dresses, beach shoes, or bare feet are allowed in the courtroom. You must pass through the metal detectors located at the north and south entrances. Remember that no weapons, of any kind, are allowed in the courtroom, and cameras are prohibited, as well.

Failing to appear for jury duty can result in a fine, jail time, or both. If you cannot fulfill your jury duties, be sure to fill out the request to postpone service, or contact the court.

24-Hour Bail Bondsman for Riverside Superior Court

Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bond is the number one bail bond company in Southern California. The licensed agents who work with Mr. Nice Guy are committed to getting you, or your loved one, out of jail as quickly as possible. They will work hard, 24-hours a day, to help you get out of jail. Call (844)400-2245 now to start the bail bond process and get out of jail fast!

Other online services include free warrant checks and a direct link to the most Sheriff's Department databases.

If you need a bail bond at any one of the 14 Riverside County Superior Court locations, call Mr. Nice Guy toll free at (844)400-2245.