Below we have put together an infographic to outline how bail bonds work in California. Please note that Federal and Immigration bonds operate on a different system. The bail bonds system in other states will also vary slightly depending on the location. If you have questions about posting a bail bond in the state of California, please contact us for additional information.
How bail bonds work in California in 8 easy steps:
- Arrested and taken to jail. Finger prints, mug shots and background warrant search completed.
- Bail amount is set according the county bail schedule or by a judge. Defendant is allowed to make a few phone calls to contact a bond company or family/friends.
- Defendant either calls the bond company directly has a friend or family member call.
- Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds collects basic information and explains the available bail bond options.
- Bail application paperwork is completed online or in person.
- Friends or family pay the bond company. Credit Card, Debit Card, PayPal, Venmo, Cash, Check, Coinbase or wire transfer. Payment plans are also available.
- Bond is delivered to the jail by the bail bond agent.
- Defendant may remain free on bail until the case has been completed or the charges are dropped.