24 Hour Bail Bond Services:


Barstow Courthouse

The Barstow District Courthouse is located in the Law and Justice Center in Barstow, California, on Mountain View Street. The Court hears cases including Small Claims, Evictions, Civil Matters, and Traffic.

Barstow District Courthouse
235 East Mountain View Street
Barstow, CA  92311
760-718-3734 – Civil/Restraining Orders
760-718-3700 – Traffic

Traffic Tickets in Barstow District Court

If you receive a traffic citation in San Bernardino County, you can pay your ticket without having to appear before a judge in traffic court. You can pay your ticket or fine via the internet or telephone, though you may have to pay some additional fees for this convenience. Here are some of the ways to pay a traffic ticket in San Bernardino County:

  • CheckFreePay Payments – Hundreds of locations throughout San Bernardino County will process your traffic ticket payment for you and transmit the payment to the court. These locations can be found supermarkets, convenience stores, drug stores and other places around the county. 
  • Online Banking – Use your personal checking or savings account to transfer the money directly to the court and pay your fine. Ask your financial institution for more information.
  • Internet – To use the online payments link, you will need your traffic citation number and a VISA or MasterCard.
  • Check or Money Order – To pay your citation by check or money order, mail your payment and the coupon provided with your citation to:         

Superior Court of California, County of Bernardino
Attn: Financial Services
Box 15005
San Bernardino, CA  92415-5005

Pleading Not Guilty to a Traffic Citation in San Bernardino County

If you are written a traffic ticket inside of San Bernardino County, you will be required to satisfy that traffic ticket either by paying the fine or pleading “not guilty” and requesting a trial to dispute the validity of the traffic ticket. If you chose to ask for a trial, you have two options:

  • You can ask for a court trial
  • You can ask for a trial by written declaration

Court Trial For Traffic Citations

A court trial is a hearing which requires you to appear, in person, to testify about the case. The officer who issued the citation will be required to attend the hearing and testify, as well. There may be other witnesses called to testify against you, and you will have the opportunity to call witnesses, as well. If you choose to hire an attorney, they may attend the court trial with you. You do not have to pay the fine in order to request a court trial.

A court trial will last at least three hours, possibly longer, and you should bring any evidence that you have to support your claim, with you to the trial. If you have any witnesses that can testify on your behalf, you should bring them with you to the trial, as well.

If you fail to attend the trial, you will be tried “in absentia” and can be found guilty. If that happens, you will be ordered to pay a fine and the conviction will be reported to the DMV, if applicable.

If you are found not guilty in a court trial, then the traffic charges will be dismissed and you will not be required to pay a fine. If you have already paid a fine, or posted bail, those funds will be refunded to you.

If you disagree with the decision of the court, you can appeal the decision within thirty days. However, filing an appeal does not mean you won't have to pay your fines by the deadline. It's important o comply with the parts of your sentence, as you wait for your new hearing to be held.

Trial By Written Declaration

You may also request a trial by written declaration. This method allows you to plead not guilty and present your case to a judicial officer without having to appear in a courtroom. Your written testimony and the testimony of the officers involved will be presented to a judge in written forms.

To request a trial by written declaration, you must first deposit the full amount of the fine required, in the form of bail. You must send the full amount of the bail, along with the form requesting the trial by written declaration, form TR-205, to the court named on the bottom of your citation at least five days before you are due to appear in court. If you are requesting a trial by written declaration, you must make your payment directly to the court, and not pay it online.

Once a judge has read over your statements and the statements of the officers involved, along with any evidence or additional testimony that either of you submit a decision will be issued in the case. The decision will be sent to you in the mail. You won't be able to question the officer involved, or question any part of his statement. That is a part of what you agree to when you request this type of hearing.

If you disagree with the results of the Trial by Written Declarations, you may request a new trial within twenty days of the decision being mailed to you.

Visiting the Barstow District Court

Visitors seeking entrance to the Barstow District Courthouse must pass through security screening, including metal detectors. No guns of any kind, including toy guns, are allowed inside the courthouse. Also, knives and multi-tools are prohibited, along with box cutters, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, hammers, ice picks, etc. Chemicals such as tear gas, mace, pepper spray, cigarette lighters, mace, and animal repellent are all prohibited. No needles are allowed unless accompanied by a prescription. No alcohol or controlled substances, including marijuana. 

Jury Duty at the Barstow District Courthouse

Jury service in Riverside County is mandatory and jurors' names are obtained from voter registration roles and DMV records. If you've been selected for jury duty, you can check your status by calling (909) 884-1858.

When reporting for jury duty, business attire is suggested. No tank tops, shorts, strapless dresses, beach shoes, or bare feet are allowed in the courtroom. You must pass through the metal detectors located at the north and south entrances. Remember that no weapons, of any kind, are allowed in the courtroom, and cameras are prohibited, as well.

Best Rates on Bail Bonds in Barstow, California

Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds has the best rates on bail bonds. How can we make that statement when all bail bond companies are required to charge the same 10% fee? Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds uses a Surety Company that allows them to discount bail bonds to just 7% if the defendant retains a private attorney and pays the premium within the first 72-hours. There's no lower rate available, anywhere.

Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds saves you money in other ways, as well.

Other companies charge hidden fees like:

  • Notary Fees
  • Travel Expenses
  • Posting Fees
  • Annual Premiums
  • Late File Premiums
  • Interest on Financing
  • Processing Fees

Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds doesn't charge any of these fees. There is always just one flat rate, no interest, no hidden fees, no surprises. Other companies may advertise the same 10% rate that everyone is required to charge. But, what they don't tell you is all the other fees you'll end up paying. Mr. Nice Guy never charges these additional fees, so you'll end up paying a lower rate, no matter what the other guys are advertising.

Call Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds to get out of jail fast! (844)400-2245