The infographic below details how the bail bond process works in California. Keep in mind the process, fees and time frame will vary from state to state and does not apply to immigration bonds or bonds in Federal Courts. There are also instances where a defendant could be taken into custody at a court date and post bail immediately without being booked. However, this is less common and only happens in a few counties in California. If you or a loved one needs help with arrest related information or the bail bond process please contact us for information specific for your situation.
The bail bond process explained in 9 simple steps:
- Physical Arrest - Defendant is taken into custody & placed in jail.
- Booking - Finger prints, mug shots, background check for warrants. Bail is set (via county bail schedule).
- Defendant can make a phone call. Friend/Family member calls Mr. Nice Guy Bail Bonds.
- Bail Bond agent obtains basic information (name, date of birth or age, jail location, charges).
- Bail Bond agent explains options including payments, paperwork, court dates.
- Pay bail via 10% fee (discounts are available) to use a Mr Nice Guy Bail Bonds company. Pay by Debit Card, Credit Card, Cash, PayPal, Venmo, Coinbase, Check or Wire Transfer. Flexible payment plans are also available. Or wait in jail until the case gets resolved.
- Required Paperwork (contract) is completed. Online via Email, DocuSign, signNow / or fax / or in person with a bail agent. The online process usually takes around 5-10 minutes.
- Bail Agent posts bond at the jail or court. Defendant is released (assuming the fees are paid & defendant goes to court dates, the Bail Agent’s interaction is complete).
- Freedom until court case is completed, sentenced or charges are dropped.